Shimano HG20 9 Spd MTB Cassette
This fantastic Shimano Acera cassette is a great value choice and boasts innovative HG technology and is ideal for use with Super Narrow 9 speed HG chains.
The real talking point on this mountain bike cassette are the Hyperglide (HG) sprockets which provide improved chain control and fast and responsive shifting . Whereas conventional sprockets cause the chain to ride up and over the gear teeth before engaging the sprocket, this special HG design guides the chain quickly and directly to the next sprocket without override with computer designed tooth configuration and contoured shift gates. This all adds up to incredibly slick, silky smooth and crisp shifts even when under load!
Shimano have cut away the sprockets and drilled them in order to shave the grams to keep everything nice and lightweight, without reducing the rigidity of the bike cassette. The close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence control. Durability is assured too, thanks to the corrosion-resistant steel cassette lockring so you get a MTB cassette which can handle the rigours of the trail and stand the test of time.
- Hyperglide sprockets have a computer designed tooth configuration with
contoured shift gates, resulting in a crisp smooth shift even under load
- Close ratio gearing allows a more efficient use of energy through finer cadence
- Sprockets are cut away and drilled to reduce weight without reducing rigidity
- Corrosion-resistant steel cassette lockring
- For Super Narrow 9-speed HG chains