For information regarding COVID-19 in South Africa, check out www.sacoronavirus.co.za
Maxxis Rekon Race Tubeless Ready Tyre (29er)
MAXXIS REKON RACE TYRE 29 Dual Compound TR EXO
- The Rekon Race is, as its name implies, an aggressive tire for bike racing or anyone looking for a quick ride. In contrast to the normal Rekon, the central tunnels are flatter. This will bring less resistance to the ground and roll easier. The more pronounced L-shaped side lugs bite into the terrain and thus give best grip in loose curves, as well as in sloping terrain. With this security you can drive riskier, without having to explore the trail condition before great. Recommended is the Rekon Race as a rear tire or front and rear in dry short distance races.
Tubeless ready (TR)
- tube loose tires have many advantages: you can drive with less air pressure. This gives better traction and reduces rolling resistance. And where there is no tube , the risk of breakdown also decreases. MAXXIS TR tires are better prepared for installation with sealing milk than other "Tubeless Ready" tires. The bead of the TR tire is like a real UST tube tackle completely coated with a rubber layer. As a result, the tube assembly is successful on all rims with standard dimensions already at the first inflation and with little liquid.
- Even "normal" MAXXIS MTB tires can be mounted like other tubeless tires with sealant as the carcass fabrics are very dense.
- Officially released for tubeless assembly and guaranteed by MAXXIS are only the new MAXXIS TR models. Tubeless mounting of other models is at your own risk.
- Two different rubber compounds are processed into a tread strip. The arrangement of the mixtures is planned according to the desired properties of the tires.
- This extremely cut and abrasion resistant material protects the sidewall of various MTB tires. It is very dense, light and very flexible. As a result, the performance of the tires remains convincingly good.
Note: We strongly advise against the use of ammonia-containing sealant. Ammonia has been shown to attack the carcass and, depending on the amount used, can weaken it by up to 30% after only a few months.
- Tire Type: Folding tire
- intended use : Cross Country, Tour
- Size (inches): 29 x 2.25
- Size (ETRTO): 57 - 622
- Execution: Tubeless Ready, EXO
- Rubber compound: Dual Compound
- Carcass: 120 TPI
- tubeless capable: yes
- Compatibility E-bike: yes, up to 25 km / h
- Profile: -
- Air pressure: 2.5 - 4.1 bar (35-60 PSI)
- Recommended rim width: 30-40 mm
- Maximum load: not specified
- Color: Black
- Weight: 681 g