Hope Tech 3 E4 Disc Brakeset
Tech 3 Master Cylinder
Hope have kept the key features of the Tech Evo master cylinder and worked to improve the ergonomics and integration on the handlebars. The Tech 3 master cylinder offers a slight increase of power of about 5% over the Tech Evo.
Popular design features of Tech Evo remain the same, such as the reach and bite point control (BPC)adjustability. The piston is actuated by a cam and a roller system to eliminate any free play and initial friction. The classic split clamp design makes the master cylinder easy to install on the handlebars without having to remove anything else.
Some riders have previously commented on the relative bulkiness of the old Tech and Tech Evo master cylinders, sometimes making it hard to fit the master cylinder around already clogged up handlebars (shifters, fork and shock lockouts, telescopic seat post controls etc). Hope have worked hard to make the new Tech 3 master cylinder easier to integrate on the bars although it does entail losing the ambidextrous design.
The Tech 3 master cylinder is now directly compatible with any Shimano I-Spec type shifter meaning no extra mount is required to attach the shifter to the master cylinder and for those using SRAM shifters Hope have designed a slick and minimalistic direct mount adapter.
The one piece caliper is CNC machined from a solid billet of 2014 T6 aircraft spec aluminium alloy. The E4 caliper uses four identical 16mm phenolic pistons which gives more usable power to the brake,
whilst keeping our legendary "feel".
- 'On the fly' BPC (bite point control) and Reach adjustment
- 5% power increase over TECH Evo master cylinder
- Handed master cylinders for better integration on the handlebars
- New piston dust cover design
- New reservoir diaphragm design
- Direct compatibility with Shimano I-Spec shifter
- Direct mount available for SRAM shifters
- CNC machined in Barnoldswick, England
- 9.74 caliper with all mount options
- 2014 T6 aluminium alloy
- One piece caliper
- Four identical 16mm phenolic pistons gives more usable power to the brake
- Wide angle hose connector mount
- Top entry pad fitting
- Black hose
- Weight: from 400g
- Rotor and mounts not included