For information regarding COVID-19 in South Africa, check out www.sacoronavirus.co.za
Continental GP5000 Tyre
Improving on the GP4000S II, a tyre considered by many to be the best all-round road tyre ever made, might have seemed like an impossible task. However, true to their renowned reputation of continuous innovation, Continental has delivered an even lighter, faster tyre which offers more grip and puncture protection than any other to date.
Designed with the latest iteration of Continental’s legendary Black Chili rubber compound, the Grand Prix 5000 boasts a 10-gram weight reduction in a 25c width, a 12% reduction in rolling resistance and a 20% increase in durability compared with its predecessor. Thanks to the proprietary Laser Grip Technology which creates a micro tread pattern that expands over the shoulder of the tyre, the GP5000 also offers increased all-weather grip, giving you the ability to take even the most technical corners at speed.
Continental believes a comfortable tyre is a fast tyre – which is why the GP5000 now comes in a 32c width and is constructed with Active Comfort Technology to help smooth the sharpest shocks from the roughest roads. Lined with the tear-resistant but ultra-lightweight Vectran fibres, the GP5000 sets new standards for puncture protection in road race tyres. So, whether you’re training in the sunshine or racing in a downpour, you’ll have complete confidence that your tyre out-performs the competition in every category and in all possible conditions.
- Handmade clincher tyre
- Proprietary Black Chili compound for added grip, higher durability and 12% lower rolling resistance
- Active comfort technology for vibration damping and increased rider comfort
- Vectren protection shield for higher puncture protection and a 20% increase in durability
- Laser grip technology, expands tread over the shoulder of the tyre for added grip
- Weight: 205 grams – 650b x 28mm // 205 grams – 700 x 23mm // 220 grams – 700 x 25mm // 250 grams – 700 x 28mm // 295 grams – 700 x 32mm